Gulkand – Delicious, Cooling & Digestive Rose Jam
Naturally cooling, Gulkand is best to beat the summer heat. Santulan gulkand is simply a traditional recipe mix of gulab pushpa- delicate fragrant Indian roses with mishri- stone sugar crystals powder. An excellent Pitta dosha pacifier, Gulkand is your to-go ingredient for all heat and other ailments triggered by excess pitta. Beneficial in acidity, heartburn & stress induced heat. Gives relief from burning palms and soles, burning and redness in eyes. Is a digestive tonic, regular intake aids in prevention of ulcers, constipation and stomach heat. Eating a good spoonful helps in headache and nausea due to excess Pitta. A rich anti-oxidant and blood purifier, Gulkand helps to minimise wrinkles and gives relief in skin rashes and prickly heat in summer. Helps to keep your cool in this fast paced, stress-filled lifestyle with excess exposure to bright mobile and computer screens. Enjoy it by itself or as rose milkshake, add it to your kheer or homemade desserts, ice creams or simply make yourself an excellent cool drink by adding a big tablespoon in a glass of water to get energised. Is an important part of the recipe of the digestive Indian paan(betel leaf) or mouth-freshener.
- Reduces overall body heat & pacifies the Piita dosha
- Gives relief from burning palms and soles, also eyes
- Beneficial in nausea and headache due to excess Pitta
- Digestive tonic, improves appetite and facilitates good bowel cleansing
- Reduces acidity, chest burn and burning in stomach
- Naturally cooling, helps in heat due to excess stress, fatigue & use of electronic gadgets
- Gulkand is a powerful antioxidant and rejuvenator
- Beat the summer heat with a generous helping of gulkand in matka (earthen pot) cooled water or in milk
How to take: Enjoy it as it is or as a natural sweetener for milk based drinks like falooda, thandai, lassi, rose milk. Add the cooling flavour your deserts like kheer, barfis and ice creams. Make your own cool drink in summer with this rose jam and a pinch of cardamom powder in a glass of matka cooled water.
Video on Gulkand Benefits: ‘Stay Cool this Summer’ by Shreeguru Dr. Balaji Tambe https://youtu.be/pHdfPVfkl8Q